Thursday, August 21, 2014

Day 9 - True Forgiveness


Day 9 – True Forgiveness of the #yogagirlchallenge
Practice: DVD - Namaste Yoga
Length: 23 minutes
Meditation: 10 minutes

Forgiveness has never been easy for me.  I tend to latch on to all things in life and it’s very difficult to let things go.  I’ve gotten better over the years, but I still have room for improvement.  Last year I actually talked to my Dad, asking him how he forgives people.  He told me he meditates on what is bothering him and sends those people who have hurt him love, focusing on their good points and eventually is able to forgive them.  I’ve tried this technique and it does work, but I do still find my mind being inhabited by those that I feel have wronged me in the past.

Forgiveness, I’ve found, is not about confronting the person, but more about letting go.  You can forgive someone without telling them you forgive them.  And in most cases, those you need to forgive do not realize they’ve hurt you.  And, in the end, what you dislike the most is more likely to be about you more than about the person who said/did whatever action that made you upset.  This is something I aim to remember today and all the days that follow.

For today’s theme, after my meditation I will picture those that I feel negatively towards, acknowledge the reason why those negative feelings exist, and the slowly let them go.  Alexander Pope said “To err is human; to forgive, divine.”  And it’s very true, once you let go of bad feelings, you feel free.

No comments:

Post a Comment