Day 13 – Be Fearless of #yogagirlchallenge
Practice: DVD - Elements of Air and Water Flow with Tara Lee
Length: 1 hour 10 minutes
Meditation: 15 minutes
There are a lot of things I technically “fear”, but most of them are internal struggles with myself and my fear of not living up to my full potential or the potential other’s see in me. I tend to give up too easily if I can't perfect something right away because I fear failure.
Part of this relates to my fear of certain inverted yoga poses, like the crow, headstand, and handstand poses. So, each day for the rest of the challenge and beyond, I will be working towards crow pose then headstand pose, then arm stand pose. A lot of it has to do with self-confidence for me, which I hope to build up by realizing that these are things I can do. I also realize that I may have increase my upper body strength to pull this off but I am going to make myself go through with it and prove to myself that if I keep on trying, eventually I'll get it right.
Progress:
We only have 7 days left! So far I've been able to get in at least 20 minutes of yoga each day. It's actually helped with my running and cycling since it forces me to stretch out all my muscles. I've also noticed I am able to do plank pose and downward dog poses with greater ease, which means I'm getting stronger! I've also continued to meditate every day after yoga and it has helped clear my mind and keep me at a more calm, peaceful state of mind.
I still get up early every day, which helps get me going in the morning. Having to be at work at 6:30am every day makes it a bit difficult to get a whole hour early, so I settled for 30 minutes.
My sugar kick is gone. I find I crave it far less after I gave it up over a week ago, which is nice.
For my "new routine" I commited to writing every day and have stuck with it. I've already written 3 and a half chapters for a story I'm working on.
No comments:
Post a Comment