Monday, August 18, 2014

Day 4 and 5 - Random Act of Kindness and Get Rid of a Bad Habit



Day 4: Random Act of Kindness for #yogagirlchallenge
Practice: Ashtanga style freeform
Length: 1 hour
Meditation: Out on the dock overlooking a beautiful lake.

I went to Maine to visit my friend Chris for the weekend and did not have reliable internet access to write my daily blog post.  A bunch of us went together, so Chris had 7 guests staying in his rather large cabin-like lake-side house.  That’s a lot of people making a lot of messes, so I took it upon myself to clean up after people.  I figured it was the least I could do to show my appreciation for Chris putting all of us up for the weekend.

I ended up doing my daily yoga on the dock that overlooked the large lake by Chris’s house.  I got up early to do my practice and I’m glad I did.  Each morning, while doing yoga, I saw or heard many different birds and dragonflies.  You really could not ask for a more peaceful and appropriate setting for yoga. 

After my morning practice, I enjoyed a hike with my friends.  Later on, I had some alone time on the lake with a kayak.  All in all, I’m just thinking how much one more day on that lake would have been glorious.

Day 5: Get Rid of a Bad Habit for #yogagirlchallenge
Practice: Ashtanga style freeform
Length: 1 hour
Meditation: Out on the dock overlooking a beautiful lake.

It was a hard yet obvious choice for me on what I should give up.  I do not have too many “bad habits”, but I defiantly have a sweet tooth; a very strong “must eat all the cookies” type of sweat tooth.  So, I decided to give up all non-natural sugar.  I’ve done this before a number of times and even have gone months without any non-natural sugar, but I always seem to have a day where I go back into the addiction cycle.  I hope I make it through the 21 days and then stick to it, for every time I have given up sugar, I’ve felt much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment