Day 7: Thank You of the #yogagirlchallenge
Practice: DVD - Elements of Yoga: Air and Water Flow with Tara Lee
Length:1 hour 1- minutes
Meditation: about 15 minutes
Progress: I’ve been getting up a little earlier in the mornings but not a whole hour as I was already getting up at 5:30am. I’ve continued to do yoga every day followed by meditation. Last night I wrote 4 pages for a creative story I started working on. And I haven’t had any sugar…which is super hard but from past experiences I know if I make it two weeks, I won’t crave it anymore.
I am thankful for many things in my life.
I am thankful for my husband who is my best friend and trusted companion in everything I do.
I am thankful for my family who I love unconditionally and get the same love in return.
I am thankful for my friends who understand me and who I can find meaningful connections with.
I am thankful for all the animals I’ve had or still have in my life who remind me that a simply pat on the head can be the best of gifts.
I am thankful for my job as a wildlife biologist that allows me to fight the good fight.
I am thankful for my volunteer position at Roger Williams Park Zoo that allows me learn something new every day and play with the most bazar and cute animals. This year, since I had volunteered there for over two years, I was able to train to be an “Animal Handler”. As an Animal Handler, I get to educate the public by introducing them to live animals such as tenrecs (picture), bearded dragons, armadillos, tortoises, and on and on. It’s an amazing experience as the people I get to talk to our so curious and friendly. So, I get to spread happiness and also educate people about these animals and why conservation efforts are so important for their continued existence.
Most of all, I am thankful for my life.


No comments:
Post a Comment