Thursday, August 14, 2014

Day 2 - Meditate



Day 2: Meditate of the #yogagirlchallenge
Practice: DVD – Namaste Yoga (Firebird Sequence)
Length: 23 minutes
Meditation: Roughly 10 minutes.

I’ve been meditating a little bit longer than I have been practicing Yoga.  My parents taught me how when I was a teenager and I really enjoyed it.  As an introverted person, I live a lot of my life inside my own head and meditation helps me clear up all the jumbled mess up there.  Focusing on breath and acknowledging thoughts as they drift by but being able to let them go has made such a difference in my life.  Some thoughts can be very toxic and if we hold on to them it can cause us harm.  By meditating and practicing letting go of thoughts as they pass through your mind, you can find a peaceful balance in your life.  At least, that’s what I’ve experienced.

I prefer meditating in my house when there is no one else home or outside beneath a tree.  Today, however, I had a friend. My cat Logan decided to  walk up and lick my hand just as I started to meditate. 


But my favorite form of meditation and letting go of everything is obtained when I run.  Running is very rhythmic and once you reach a certain point in your run its just you, your feet propelling your body forward, the wonderful feel of the wind flowing around you, and music in your ears.  This is why, like I did today, I always do yoga after I run.  My mind is already at the perfect, carefree place and it brings a nice balance to my yoga practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment