Saturday, August 30, 2014

Day 18 - Mother Nature


Day 18 - Mother Nature #yogagirlchallenge
Practice - DVD: Power Flow Yoga
Length - 1 hour 30 minutes
Meditation - 15 minutes on a large rock in the woods.

I try to honor nature every day. From using reusable bags at the grocery store to riding my bike through a forested trail, I love to surround myself with nature. In fact, my dream house would be a log cabin in the woods on a lake or by the ocean.

I grew up in a small house that was about a minute walk to the beach and had a large forest behind it. My brother, our friends, and I would spend endless days in the woods during the warmer months of the year. We were always exploring what the forest had to offer and I fell in love with the sound of the wind through the leafs, the endless forms of life to discover, and the feeling of freedom one can only find when wandering alone through the woods.

Today after volunteering at the zoo, I walked down my favorite near-by trail. The trail starts off through the forest and ends at a rocky beach. I love the transition from shaded forest to bright, rocky beach.  The smell of the woods transforms to the smell of salt.  Sounds start off as bird songs and frog choruses and changes to the sound of waves crashing along the beach.  The wind starts off mellow and ends strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment