Sunday, August 24, 2014

Day 12 - Get Sh*t Done



Day 12 – Get Shit Done of the #yogagirlchallenge
Practice - Namaste Yoga (Firebird Sequence)
Length – 23 minutes
Meditation - 15 minutes

Sundays are typically very busy for me. Today I got up early for a run and then a quick yoga session. After that I went to the Zoo to volunteer. Then I grabbed a quick lunch and headed over to my friend’s game store to play Dungeons and Dragons with a group of friends.

So, for my “get shit done” challenge I am finally getting certified with some new animals.  I’m what they call an “Animal Handler” at the zoo, but before I can take any animal on program, I have to get certified with them. So, today I was certified in two animals (bearded dragon and amazon milk frog) I’ve been practicing with for a while now.  To get the certification I had to give a demonstration to my fellow volunteers on both animals as well as properly demonstrate how they are cared for and transported.  It’s really important to follow these guidelines, as we don’t want amphibians becoming too dry or replies becoming too cold. I'm not allowed to take pictures of the animals in the holding area, so instead I took a picture of a red panda that is always procrastinating (or napping) at the zoo :)

I also made a list of what I need to get done and plan on tackling each near-term thing as the week progresses. For example, I've been meaning to clean out the pantry for a while now since we keep on seeing those dreaded pantry moths and aren't entirely sure where they're coming from. So, Monday after work, I will clean up the pantry and get some bay leafs to deter future moths.

No comments:

Post a Comment