Thursday, August 28, 2014

Day 16 - The Altar


Day 16 - The Altar #yogagirlchallenge
Practice: DVD - Namaste Yoga Water Light Sequence
Length: 23 minutes
Meditation: 5 minutes

The altar I made has a number of items that are important to me. The pile of amethyst represents the earth element as well as my birth stone. The mason jar filled with water represents my love of nature and effort to recycle as well as the element water.  The glass beads in the heart container are shaped like elephants. I obtained these when I was about 10 years old and I always had this unexplainable connection to them. These glass beads represent the fire element and my connection to my childhood. The feather represents the element air and my connection to nature and respect for all living things.

The Egyptian Ankh represents the deep mysteries I seek in my life. It also reminds me of my family;  we live an eternal life through those that love and remember us.

I made the yarn doll when I was a teenager with my closest friends. It reminds me of how important the friendships we form are and to be grateful that though I have very few friends, those that truly matter have stuck with me. The note is from a friend that knew me and saw me for what I truly was. I do not let many people in and to see that I was praised for being who I am, made me keep this note to remember that sharing is not always as scary as it seems.

The meditation beads represent my spirituality. Though I rarely use them when meditating, they are a symbol of balance and peace in my mind.

And lastly, the wand. The wand was a special gift and I have always treasured it. It represents the possibilities before me, my creativity, and a reminder that magic is real as long as you believe in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment