Monday, September 1, 2014
Day 20 - Something New
Day 20 - Something New #yogagirlchallenge
Practice: DVD: Yoga Shakti
Length: 1 hour 30 minutes
Meditation: 10 minutes
I wanted to embrace the idea of trying new things all day. So, I started out my day with a yoga DVD I've owned for a while but never actually tried. Sadly, it was still wrapped in plastic; never used. I found that I enjoyed the practice and it added challenges that my regular routine and DVDs did not have. I defiantly have very tight hips in which adding this DVD to my schedule could help with.
I got a little silly and decided to try a new hair style today as well. I ended up braiding all of my hair into small braids (10 to 12 braids total; I didn't count) and included some clip in bright blue and purple hair extensions! I really liked the look and it reminded me of being in high school when I'd dye my hair purple, blue, or sometimes green.
Next, I went to the craft store and picked up a canvas. I love drawing in black in white or with colored pencils and occasionally use oil pastels, but I never, ever paint. Today, I finally used my acrylic paint set and painting brushes and started to work on a painting of a fox. I found I enjoyed the change and may have to paint more in the future to improve my technique! I at least, will have to finish the painting another day this week and am looking forward to it.
Lastly, I went to meet my friend for tea at a local cafe. It was really nice catching up with her and I think it may have been over a year since just the two of us hung out and talked. I enjoyed her company and hope to spend more time with her in the future. I was going to try a new recipe for dinner tonight, but that's not going to happen as I spent far longer at the cafe with my friend than I thought I would, but that's just how great of a time I had!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment